- Buyers that look during the holiday months are more likely to pull the trigger.
- Serious buyers lead to a quicker and headache free selling process.
2. Less Competition:
- With other sellers preoccupied with Christmas shopping you’ll have fewer homes to compete with.
- There are still plenty of buyers looking for homes, with fewer sellers your home will be at the top of the list.
- Virtual tours give you access to a large number of potential buyers that aren’t local.
- Due to COVID-19 a large percentage of the workforce continues to work from home, and what better coffee break than taking a few quick house tours?
- The holiday months bring joy and comfort, and we need that feeling now more than ever.
- Showoff your neighborhood’s festive holiday spirit.
- People want to see a neighborhood they can imagine raising a family in and what better time than the holidays?
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU AS A POTENTIAL BUYER?
- Cheaper Prices
- According to an analysis from ATTOM Data Solutions, buying a home on December 26th can save you as much as $2,500.
- The month of December holds 7 of the top 10 days of the year for highest discounts on home purchases, thus making it the best month to buy a home.
- Daren Blomquist, Senior Vice President of communications with ATTOM states, “It’s the housing market’s version of a Black Friday sale.”
- More Room for Negotiation.
- Historically, sellers that are putting their home on the market during the holiday season are looking to get out rather quickly.
- This leads to more wiggle room on negotiation terms such as, closing date, home warranty and earnest money deposit.
- Flexible terms are necessary to give the buyer a peace of mind.
- These terms are less flexible when sellers receive multiple buyer offers during busier times of the year.
- Less Competition
- Currently in the state of Utah houses are staying on the market for an average of 11 days before closing.
- During the holiday season the number of active buyers drops significantly as people become more enthralled with getting the latest Black Friday deals instead of real estate.
ATTOM Data Solutions provides premium property data to power products that improve transparency, innovation, efficiency and disruption in a data-driven economy.
However, making the decisions to purchase a home has a lot more contributing factors than the time of year. To find out if it is the right time for you and your family you should talk to a local real estate agent. Red Sign can pair you with an agent to help talk you through next steps, and give you statistics about how similar homes have previously performed during the holiday months.