Interior styling. Hiring a staging company. Curb appeal. Does all this really matter when you’re thinking of selling your home? The answer to this is a big YES!! All of these seemingly “small” items have a big impact when selling your home.
Staged homes sell for a higher price and sell FASTER!
- Reports show that homes that had not been staged before listing sat on the market an average 143 days. Once these homes were staged, they sold in 40 days! Homes that were staged pre-listing averaged 23 days on the market. That’s a 120 day difference!
- Staged homes sell for a higher price and sell faster. The goal of professional home staging is to make the buyer fall in love at first sight! Regardless of the size of your home, from a small condo to a large estate, there are unique features of each home and with the guidance of a highly experienced and professional staging team, staging can enhance the potential impact of every home giving it higher value and selling it faster.
- A staggering number of people (95% according to a National Association of Realtors report) use the Internet during their home search. That means that your home better show really well online. Staging and having photos taken by a professional can help you do that!
Homes before and after being staged. What a difference!
- This is one of those “it depends” situations. It’s not possible to put an exact price tag on staging since there are so many variables: the state and city where the property is located; whether it’s a vacant property or one that’s being lived in (vacant properties really do need to have some furniture added because seeing a vacant house is like looking at yourself in the mirror naked – you see every flaw! Some stagers charge by the hour, others have a set fee. Be sure to be clear about all terms of any contract you sign such as initial fee, timing and additional costs including furniture rentals.
- Keep your emotions in check and stay focused on the business aspect of selling your home.
- Hiring an agent may cost more in commission, but it can take a lot of the guesswork out of selling and get more money in your pocket!
- Prepare for the sale, don’t skimp on the visuals in your listing, and disclose any issues with the property so there are no surprises later on in the transaction!
- Boost the curb appeal to make the right first impression. Clear away the cobwebs, paint the front door, plant flowers, pop some cookies in the oven during your open house even!
- Offer terms that might sweeten the deal for buyers—such as paying part of the closing costs
- Selling a home can be stressful, and even more so if you’re on a tight deadline. Fortunately, whether you need to sell fast because of a new job, or financial reasons, there are ways to speed up the process. If you don’t have a big budget to get your home sell-ready, focus on that first impression. Buyers can make a decision within seconds—a few from the curb and a few when they step inside the front door. Make those seconds count with a tidy yard, a sparkling home, and a warm atmosphere!