Everyone knows the best present you can give your other half, your friends or your family is quality time! It sounds corny, but it’s true! That’s why this list of things to do on Valentine’s Day is exactly what you need to make your February 14th (or really anytime) feel extra special this year. Here are ten date ideas for all our people in Utah & Salt Lake county! These are perfect for galentines parties, couples date night or quality time with the kids!
1. Make Your Own Candles At The Wick Lab!
- If you have never made your own candle I highly recommend it, and what better time than Valentine’s Day? The Wick Lab is a custom candle making studio. Choose up to 3 fragrances from their impressive fragrance wall (showcasing 100 fragrances!) to include in a truly unique fragrance for your candle – hand poured by you! From setting your wick to mixing your fragrance oils, you make your candle from beginning to end.
- Locations: Provo + Draper
- Candle pouring starts at $19.97/per candle.
2. Chocolate Tasting
- To celebrate Valentine’s Day, Taste, is putting together a special tasting for you and your loved one. Join them for their special Chocolate tasting and Valentine’s dinner tea service.
- During this event, you will be receiving a full 3-tier dinner tea service, including festive sandwiches, scones, and desserts. So come hungry and get ready to celebrate your special someone.
- Location: Provo
- Price is $40 per person ($80 per couple).
3. Make Your Own Jewelry at GemStudio
- The GemStudio believes in creating an environment for our local community to gather, refine and reform gems. From start to finish you are the creator and designer of your very own piece of sterling silver jewelry! With 100’s of gem options and dozens of design choices, you will leave with a one of a kind piece. Book a workshop with your friends or loved one! What can you make: Rings, Bolo ties, Pendants, Earrings, and Bracelets!
- Locations: Salt Lake City + Provo
- Workshop base cost for each item being made is $65 (this includes the highest quality .925 sterling silver and the workshop instruction) + The cost of your stone (these range $15-100) + optional extra design features. The average total cost per piece is usually between $95-$110.
4. Make Your Own Soap
- Use 400+ shapes, 150+ essential oils, colors and paints to customize your own healthy, all-natural soap!
- Location: Provo
- $5/person studio fee, 5 cents/gram for soap made. A bar of soap is usually less than $5.
5. Group or Couples Cooking Classes
- Harmon’s Cooking school offers a variety of classes for all skill levels. Their seasoned chefs impart the best techniques for turning an ordinary meal into a culinary work of art.
- Locations: Bangerter Crossing, Traverse Mountain, City Creek, Holladay Market, Mountain View Village, Santa Clara, & Station Park.
- Prices Vary: $40-$75 Per person
6. Make Your Own Chocolate
- At the Just Add Chocolate, working chocolate factory, you become the chocolatier! Their adult workshops last about an hour and 15 minutes. They demonstrate how to make your favorite things and then you can make anything you’d like. You can eat samples of their chocolates and then make and take home 1 pound of chocolate confections and lots of sweet memories.
- Locations: Lehi & Provo
- Prices: $37/ Per Couple, or $16 half pound (minimum per person), Group & Family Rates are also available!
7. Explore the Butterfly Biosphere at Thanksgiving Point.
- Experience something exotic this Valentine’s as you indulge in seeing thousands of butterflies from across the world. In addition to a glasshouse filled with tropical plants and vibrant butterflies, the exhibit includes an insectarium and a treehouse play place in case your little ones want to tag along.
- Price is $24/ per person. ($17/Per Child)
6. Visit The Art Studio at Sundance Mountain Resort
- Head up Provo Canyon to discover one of the most romantic places in Utah Valley, full of natural beauty–Sundance Mountain Resort! Sundance Art Studio is the perfect place to cozy up with your loved ones and enjoy all the fun they have to offer in a scenic place.
9. Pottery Classes
- The Kreative Kiln offers a unique pottery wheel throwing experience for you and your date, bachelor/bachelorette group, team building, birthday parties, and more. Come make some pottery with them! Their motto – You make it, we glaze it, and you take it home and use it. They also offer introductory and intermediate pottery experiences, as well as a kid’s hand-building workshop.
- Location: Pleasant Grove + Saint George
- Prices: $55/ Per person
10. Paint Night
- From date night with your partner to a Galentine’s celebration with your girls, Painting With A Twist is a great way to spend Valentine’s Day! Come to their studio where they’ll provide the painting supplies, canvas, and step-by-step instructions to create a fun masterpiece alongside your partner or friends! Whether you’re on your second date or celebrating your 20th anniversary, a paint date night can be a new, exciting way to put aside the stresses of life and connect with your sweetheart.
- Location: Murray + South Jordan
- Price: $38-48/ Per Person